Coordinating Team Responsibilities:
- Create and define a camp atmosphere which reflects the BC Easter Seals Camping goals and objectives.
- Interview and hire summer counsellor/programming team.
- Coordinate the volunteer program for each summer session.
- Coordinate with Camp Registrar and Director of Camping to plan and cater needs for each individual camper and camp sessions.
- Liaise with parents and camp group leaders before, during, and after camping sessions.
- Directly supervise and coordinate the efforts of the following personnel, including but not limited to: Health Care Team, Counselling Coordinator, Program Coordinator, Counsellors and Programming Staff. This includes contributing to the professional development of each staff member and addressing any concerns or misconduct.
- Establish and maintain an effective evaluation system for all programs and personnel, including: program areas, operational areas, health care, policies and procedures, seasonal staff, support workers and volunteers.
- Provide training and education for staff in accordance with the BC Easter Seals manuals, protocols, and values.
- Implement and maintain an effective model for behaviour support including ongoing review of camper behaviour that warrants early camper dismissal.
- Know and work intimately with the following safety plans: Risk Management, Crisis Management, Emergency Evacuation, and Emergency Procedures.
- Oversee and maintain the summer Camp Programs budget with continued improvement in the efficient use of camp financial resources.
- Adhere to and implement the policies and procedures of the BC Easter Seals Camps
- Implement and monitor all health and safety procedures as they pertain to the complete supervision of all campers and staff.
- Implement and maintain the BC Easter Seals Camping process for reported child abuse, neglect, and accusation of misconduct.
- Compile a summary of the current season including inventories, staff evaluations, camper evaluations, and recommendations for the following season.
- Assist the Director of Camping in cultivating relationships and coordinating with health related professionals, service provision partners, ministerial and agency groups.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary by the Director of Camping.