Next Session Begins February 6th
CompassWorks is a full-time, 22-week, on-the-job work experience program at Easter Seals House in Vancouver that gives certification to obtain entry level employment in the hotel industry.
Training & Certification
In this program, you’ll receive skill enhancement and certification training in:
- disability management
- upskills, essential skills, and soft-skill development
- basic computer skills for employment readiness that includes resume building, interview skills and networking
- SuperHost, WHIMIS, FoodSafe, and Foundations of Workplace
- job-specific skills related to housekeeping, front desk reception, and guest services with the support of a job coach.
Qualified candidates may also receive weekly allowances. This will be determined during the registration process.
On-the-Job Work Experience
CompassWorks runs out of Easter Seals House in Vancouver where you will learn and apply your training at the front desk, in housekeeping and guest services.
Skills to Set You Up for Success
Through classwork and hands-on training, the skills you’ll learn will help give you the confidence and experience you need to be successful working in the hotel industry.
Job Search & Follow Up Support
You will learn new skills in building your resume and sharpen your interview skills. Plus, you’ll receive follow up support with your job search.
Through WorkBC, you will be compensated $500-$650/week during the program.
Dates & Location
Training will take place at Easter Seals House located at 3981 Oak Street, Vancouver.
The Winter/Spring session begins February 6th, and runs full-time, five days a week for 22 weeks.
Participants must also be available for evening and weekends when internships at other facilities may take place.
Who should apply?
This program is best suited for persons with disabilities, with equal opportunities for Indigenous with disabilities, and multi-barrier individuals.
You must meet one (1) of the following four (4) criteria through WorkBC:
- EI Eligible Client
- BCEQ PWD Client
- BC Employment & Assistance Client
- Non-PWD Client
To first be eligible for WorkBC Employment Services, a client must:
- be a BC resident
- provide proof of identity
- meet the criteria for Unemployed or Precariously Employed
- be Legally Eligible to work in BC
- be seeking employment
- be assessed as requiring services to successfully achieve employment
How to Register
To determine if you are eligible for this program and to begin the registration process, get in touch with your local WorkBC Centre and let them know you are interested and would like to apply. Your application will then be forwarded to Easter Seals for further processing.
To find your WorkBC Centre click here.