Easter Seals Overnight Summer Camp
A summer camp tradition for over 50 years, Easter Seals offers one of the best nature-based, fully accessible, overnight summer camps for children, youth and adults to age 49 with diverse abilities.
It’s a place where campers can explore and develop their abilities in a safe, warm, fun and supportive environment. A place they can just be themselves.
Summer 2022 – Registration Opens March 1st
We are so excited to bring our Overnight Summer Camp Program back for 2022. It’s going to be a fun summer and we can’t wait to see old friends and meet new ones!
As always, the safety of our campers and staff remain our top priority and a COVID-19 safety protocol will be followed in accordance with the Provincial Health Order. This includes, but not limited to, regular handwashing, the use of disinfectant wipes and masks, and an emphasis on outdoor activities. Proof of vaccination will not be required to attend camp.
1790 Davidson Rd, Lake Country
Located in the Okanagan
30 minutes north of Kelowna
Facilities and activities include an outdoor swimming pool, waterslide, amphitheater, arts and crafts room, outdoor basketball court, BBQ hut, ropes courses, mini-golf, in-ground trampoline, dining hall, kitchen, and four different sleeping lodges.
41015 Government Rd, Brackendale
Located in Squamish
1 hour north of Vancouver
Facilities and activities include an indoor pool, amphitheater, BBQ hut, arts and crafts room, outdoor basketball court, dining hall, kitchen and three different sleeping lodges.
2180 Shawnigan Lake Rd, Shawnigan Lake
Located on Vancouver Island
35 minutes from Victoria
Facilities and activities include an outdoor swimming pool, lake dock with slide, sailing, canoeing, amphitheater, BBQ hut, arts and crafts room, outdoor basketball court, in-ground trampoline, dining hall, kitchen and three different sleeping lodges.
We Welcome All Abilities
Easter Seals summer camps are for children and adults with physical and cognitive disabilities between the ages of six to 49 years old. With fully accessible facilities and specially trained staff, our programs can accommodate campers with, but not limited to:
* Developmental Challenges * Anxiety Disorders * Down Syndrome * Autism Spectrum Disorder * Cerebral Palsy * Epilepsy/Seizure Disorders
Please contact us if you have questions about whether or not our camps would be a good fit for your child.
All Inclusive, Fully Accessible
- Kids & Teen Weeks
- Adult Weeks
- New Camper Weekends
- Leaders In Training Camps
- Siblings Camps
- A 4-night, 5-day program for ages 6-18.
- A 5-night, 6-day program for ages 19-49.
- At all our locations we offer a wide range of activities and programming: swimming, sports & games, arts & crafts, big swings, trampolines, camp fires, life skills, leadership skills, and much, much more.
- Camp Winfield has an outdoor, accessible waterslide.
- Camp Shawnigan is located on Lake Shawnigan and offers canoeing, kayaking and sailing.
- Camp Squamish has a fun outdoor treehouse and unlike the other two camps, its pool is indoors.
- We have a camper to staff ratio of 3:1 to ensure your child is well looked after.
- Specially trained Easter Seals camp staff facilitate the summer camp programs.
- Each location has a well-equipped health facility that is staffed by registered nurses.
Kids & Teen Weeks – $800/week
Adult Weeks – $1000/week
** You may be eligible to receive Autism Funding to help with your camp registration payments.
Learn More About Summer Camp
New Camper Weekend
For kids and teens who haven’t gone to camp before, we offer a weekend camp experience to help camper’s adjust to the week long summer camp session.
We all know camp is amazing, but it can be hard to tell what it looks like if you’ve never seen it before! No day at camp looks the same and everything is shaped by the campers there that week. Whether it’s relaxing in the pool, setting a trap for the bad guy, pulling a prank on a counsellor, or scaling the climbing wall, we know it’s going to be a blast!
Leaders In Training Camps
For adults looking for leadership skill training, we offer a Leaders In Training Camp during the adult weeks. 6 spots available per week.
The goal of the Leaders In Training Camp is to promote personal growth among participants and to give participants experience with different types of leadership activities. Some of the activities that the Leaders In Training group participates in over the course of the week are goal setting, discussions of leadership and mentoring, group games, journaling, team challengers, organizing an activity, and reflection. The Leaders In Training camp week is a great opportunity to share your love for camp with the camp community by supporting your peers, and building new skills!
To sign up, choose your week in the registration portal and add the Leaders In Training Camp Program.
Siblings Weeks at Camp
Does your child or teen have a sibling who would like to attend camp? 6 spots available per week.
At Easter Seals Summer Camp one of our primary goals is inclusion, and this summer, we are excited to include “SIBLINGS”! Siblings are able to to attend during the Kids & Teens Weeks, giving greater respite for families, and unique opportunities for connection, understanding, and empathy between campers.
To sign up, choose your week in the registration portal and add the Siblings Camp Program.
Summer 2022 Dates
In addition to the online registration, the following 3 documents are required.
- Medical Form – Please complete within SIX (6) weeks after initial registration and upload to your online registration account.
- Medical Update Form – Please complete no more than FIVE (5) days prior to camp and bring to camp at drop off.
- Initial Assessment Form – Please complete no more than TWO (2) days prior to camp and bring to camp at drop off.
Personal Support Workers
All of the campers who come to Easter Seals Camps have different needs and exceptionalities. Our counsellor to camper ratio is 3:1. Sometimes campers are more successful in our program with one on one support. These campers are welcome to attend our camps with a Personal Support Worker.