On Pink Shirt Day, and every day, Easter Seals stands up for anti-bullying. Throughout our programming and services we strive to put inclusion and acceptance at the forefront of our work, creating meaningful and vibrant experiences for everyone.
No matter the cause, bullying is always harmful, unwanted and never ok. For bullied kids, it can be hard to know where to turn. Showing kindness, empathy and understanding can really make a difference in someone’s life.
If you are experiencing bullying, there are many supports in B.C. and across Canada. Please reach out for support to one of the organizations below. There is a world of people who care about you and want to help.
- Call the YouthInBC 24/7 crisis line at Lower Mainland: 604-872-3311 // Toll Free: 1-866-661-3311, or access their Online Chat –www.youthinbc.com (12pm – 1am daily)
- Text Youth Space at 778-783 0177 (6pm -12am daily) or chat online at https://youthspace.ca/
- Call the Suicide Hotline at 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433) available 24/7
- Mental Health Support Line (for emotional support, information and resources specific to mental health): 310-6789
- Vancouver Coastal Regional Distress Line: 604-872-3311
- Sunshine Coast/Sea to Sky: 1-866-661-3311
- Hope for Wellness, help for Indigenous People across Canada. Open 24/7 text, call or online chat. hopeforwellness.ca/
- Seniors Distress Line: 604-872-1234
- Online Chat Service for Adults: www.CrisisCentreChat.ca (Noon to 1am)
- Call the Kids Help Phone 1-800-668-6868 or text CONNECT to 686868
- BullyingCanada has a phone, text and email line 24/7/365. Call or text: (877) 352-4497